The Muslim Council of Southampton is committed to:
- Promoting cooperation, consensus and unity on Muslim affairs in the Southampton area;
- Working for a more enlightened appreciation of Islam and Muslims in wider society;
- Fostering better community relations and working for the benefit of society as a whole;
- Monitoring, researching and publicising Muslim problems with a view to addressing them and exposing unfair treatment, inequality or discrimination;
- Striving for the benefit of the Muslim community by promoting religion, advancing education and improving the quality of life of the Muslim community in Southampton.